Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Baby Shower in the making

Reused Wine Bottles


I will be making these super cute water bottle containers which are recycled wine bottles for my daughters Baby Shower.  Why serve water in regular plastic bottles when you can have these chic glass bottles? and the plus is you get to drink the wine to get an empty bottle...who knew?  I plan to place the bottles in tin containers wrapped in burlap.  Since the Mommy-to-be can't drink alcohol, why not give her a beautiful bottle to pour water from.


Start with a clean empty wine bottle.


You will also need a hot glue gun and jute twine. I purchased my jute twine from Hobby Lobby and it was 50% off.  I like the clear wine bottles for this project.  This is a Moscato bottle by Sutter Home, it has a great shape and its a clear.  You can you use any color bottle you like, I just happen to like the clear wine bottle for water.  Just add a dab of glue on the end part of the bottle where you want to begin adding the jute twine, and just start winding the twine up the bottle.  Every now and then add a very light dab of glue otherwise if you squeeze too much glue you will end up with a bump.  This will keep the twine all in place.  If you don't want to add the glue you don't have to, i'm just a perfectionist and like the twine nice and tight so I use the hot glue. Go as high or low with the twine as you want.  I followed the label on the wine bottle, where it started and ended.  I peeled most of my label off, you don't have to.


Then I added jute twine on the top part of the wine bottle.




How Pretty by Design and chic is this?  Just love it and so so simple to make.  You can use any color twine you want. You can use pink for a Baby Girl Shower and blue for boy. I like the neutral color myself, I think it looks more chic.   I will show you what it looks like in the burlap wrapped tin once I set up the entire look for the shower.  Keep watching...

No comments:

Post a Comment