Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Baby Shower Decoration

Since my daughters Baby Shower Theme is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, I decided to make this cute star wind mobile.  Its going to look great blowing in the wind outside and it was so easy to make.  Its not finished, some of the stars will be painted in gold, just haven't bought the paint yet.



Wondering how this was made?  it was so easy. I purchased a plain metal hoop, tulle, jute twine and a pack of wooden stars that came in different sizes. Everything was purchased from Hobby Lobby.


I hung the metal hoop from my chandelier to make it easier.  I cut strips of tulle and looped the tulle on the hoop.  I used alternating colors.  I used three strips of baby blue and three strips royal blue.  I did this until the ring was covered.

I added twine 4 pieces of twine from one side of the loop to the other, making sort of a pie chart. 



  Then I tied long pieces of twine from the top which hung all the way down to hang the stars from

This is what it looks like when you have looped all the tulle on the hoop.  You can leave it like that if you like.  It would look adorable in pink with ballerinas hanging on the twine instead of stars for a ballerina theme party or baby girl shower.


you take each individual tulle and just tie a bow, simple as that.




Just fluff the bows out by pulling the tulle on the bow loops


keep fluffing the tulle until your happy with the fullness

This is what it should look like when your done

I used little dabs of hot glue to glue the stars on the twine.  You can use clear string it you don't want to see the string.  I used twine to make it look more rustic since this is for a baby boy shower.   You don't have to use stars, you can use what matches your theme.


 

This is what it looks like when its finished. It kind of looks like stars dangling from a puffy cloud. Cant wait to see it blow in the wind at my daughters outdoor Baby Shower.  
Pretty Things by Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment